Leader of the Official Opposition Trent Wotherspoon announced the NDP shadow cabinet on Thursday morning.
Wotherspoon will be moving out of his role of Critic for Finance, and serve as Critic for the Economy and Youth.
Taking over as Finance Critic is Cathy Sproule, who will be also take on Environment and Agriculture.
Serving as Deputy Leader for the NDP will be Buckley Belanger, and Warren McCall will stay on as House Leader and Critic for Advanced Education and Jobs.
Newly elected MLA Carla Beck will be Critic for Education and SaskEnergy.
Wotherspoon says the team of MLAs is ready to start working.
“We have an exceptionally strong and diverse team. The MLAs that are a part of our team are taking on very important critic responsibilities.”
Premier Brad Wall announced yesterday the first session of the newly-elected Legislative Assembly will begin on May 17.
Full list of Critic Duties:
- Trent Wotherspoon: Leader of the Official Opposition and Critic for Executive Council and Office of the Premier, Intergovernmental Affairs, the Economy, and Youth.
- Buckley Belanger: Deputy Leader and Critic for First Nations and Métis Relations, Highways and Infrastructure, Energy and Resources, and the Global Transportation Hub.
- Carla Beck: Deputy Whip and Critic for Education, Early Learning and Childcare, Crown Investments Corporation, Saskatchewan Government Insurance, and SaskEnergy.
- Danielle Chartier: Public Accounts and Critic for Health, Seniors, and Sask Builds.
- David Forbes: Caucus Chair and Critic for Labour Relations and Workplace Safety, Diversity, Equality, and Human Rights; Housing, the Workers’ Compensation Board, and Associate Critic for Education.
- Warren McCall: House Leader and Critic for Advanced Education, Jobs, Skills, and Training; Trade, Tourism Saskatchewan, Innovation, Central Services, SaskTel, Parks, Culture, and Sport; the Saskatchewan Gaming Corporation, the Public Service Commission, the Provincial Capital Commission, and Associate Critic for First Nations and Métis Relations.
- Nicole Rancourt: Critic for Social Services, Community-Based Organizations, Forestry, Municipal Relations, and PDAP.
- Nicole Sarauer: Deputy House Leader and Critic for Justice, Corrections and Policing, Women, the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority, and Immigration.
- Cathy Sproule: Deputy Caucus Chair and Critic for Finance, the Environment, Agriculture, SaskPower, the Water Security Agency, SaskWater, Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation, Francophone Affairs, and the Provincial Secretary.
- Doyle Vermette: Whip and Critic for Northern Saskatchewan, the Saskatchewan Transportation Corporation, and Associate Critic for First Nations and Métis Relations.