A report of gun shots at a Melville residence Saturday brought out the RCMP to the 600 block of 4th Avenue West in Melville
Then, police received a second report the same residence was on fire.
Melville RCMP responded to four other complaints of structure fires over the next several hours: one at a rural property involving one barn and one shed, one at another residence on the 800 block of Scotia Street in Melville, one at an abandoned residence at a rural property and one at a rural property involving grain bins.
Most of the structures received significant damage, but no one was hurt.
44-year old Michael Hahn of Melville was arrested without incident at a residence in Melville in the early morning hours of August 14 and is charged with:
- intentionally cause damage by fire, Section 433(a) of the Criminal Code
- break and enter, indictable offence of arson, Section 348(1)(b) of the Criminal Code
- break and enter, Section 348(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- 5 counts, arson, Section 434 of the Criminal Code
- use a firearm, Section 85(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- careless use of a firearm, Section 86(1) of the Criminal Code
- possession for purpose dangerous to the public, Section 88 of the Criminal Code