White Butte RCMP have charged two people in connection to a string of vehicle thefts in the area.
One September 12, White Butte RCMP found an abandoned truck with a mismatched license plate near Pilot Butte. Both were stolen from residences in the R.M. of Edenwold.
Further investigation revealed the suspects were believe to be in the Brandon, Manitoba area. The Brandon Police service was then advised and completed a follow-up investigation resulting in two people being taken into custody and charged.
Danielle Fink, a 34-year old woman from Regina, has been charged with the following offences by White Butte RCMP:
- 6 counts of Property Obtained by Crime Sec. 355 C.C
- 1 count of Fraud under $5,000.00 Sec. 380(1) C.C.
Desmond Henry, a 26-year old man from Regina, has been charged with the following offences by White Butte RCMP:
- 3 counts of Property Obtained by Crime Sec. 355 C.C.
- 2 count of Breaching an Undertaking Sec. 145(3) C.C.
- 1 count of Dangerous Driving Sec. 249(1)(a) C.C.
- 1 count of Flight from a peace officer Sec. 249.1(1) C.C.
Both Fink and Henry are currently remanded in Manitoba facing charges from the Brandon area, and White Butte RCMP will be seeking to bring both parties back to Saskatchewan to face these charges.