Souls Harbour Rescue Mission says it is short on items needed for Thanksgiving meal on October 7th.
The annual meal will be at 1475 Athol Street – Dean Smith Youth Centre.
All donations must be received by noon on October 4th at our Soup Kitchen 1836 Halifax Street.
Please note our Soup Kitchen at 1836 Halifax Street is not open during the weekend so donations must be made on a weekday.
What’s needed most?
- 18 large turkeys
- 750 Warm Up For Winter Mugs (men, women and children)
Other items still needed:
- 5-4 L jugs of milk
- 200 small boxes (120 g) boxes of stuffing mix
- 17 large (120 g) packages of gravy mix
- 25 large (3 kgs) bags of tossed lettuce salad
- 80 small cans (337 ml) of cranberry sauce
- 93 small or 60 large pumpkin pies
- 2-4 L bottles of ranch dressing
- 50 cans of whipped cream (aerosol cans)
- 20 L (5 x 3.78 L) jars of pickles
- 63 dozen dinner buns
- 390 individual butter/margarine
- 45 large (50 cm x 30 cm x 8 cm) tin pans