Souls Harbour Rescue Mission is looking for help in collecting items for its annual Thanksgiving Meal.
The organization is looking for a variety of items, but their most pressing needs are 18 large turkeys, and 750 Warm Up For Winter Mugs, filled with non-perishable items.
Other items needed for the meal:
- 5-4 L jugs of milk
- 200 small boxes (120 g) boxes of stuffing mix
- 17 large (120 g) packages of gravy mix
- 25 large (3 kgs) bags of tossed lettuce salad
- 80 small cans (337 ml) of cranberry sauce
- 93 small or 60 large pumpkin pies
- 2-4 L bottles of ranch dressing
- 50 cans of whipped cream (aerosol cans)
- 20 L (5 x 3.78 L) jars of pickles
- 63 dozen dinner buns
- 390 individual butter/margarine
- 45 large (50 cm x 30 cm x 8 cm) tin pans
Donations need to be dropped off by noon on October 4 at the Soup Kitchen on 1836 Halifax Street.