Regina students in grades three to five had the chance to learn about fire safety on Tuesday — with the help of Sparky the fire dog, who was also celebrating his 65th birthday.
The presentation was put on in honour of National Fire Prevention Week.
Duane McKay, provincial fire safety commissioner, says it’s important to educate kids while they are young.
The kids were taught about the importance of testing smoke detectors each year, and also had the chance to check out some fire trucks.
In honour of Sparky’s birthday, each student was given the gift of a smoke alarm.