The City of Saskatoon has a new Mayor.
Charlie Clark who served on City Council before taking a run at the top job squeaked by Don Atchison, the incumbent with 41% of the vote.
Clark says he’s very excited to get to work as the city’s mayor, and says it will be a memorable election for Saskatoon.
He says this is the time to bring Saskatoon into a new era, and told the crowd at City Hall that he is excited to work with the community to make Saskatoon “the city that got it right”.
Meanwhile, after 13 years in city council’s centre chair, Don Atchison finished in second place with 37% of the vote.
Atchison says it has been a real honour to serve the city and a truly humbling experience, and that “tomorrow will be the start of a new beginning”.
Mayor Charlie Clark had 41% of the vote. Don Atchison garnered 37% and Kelley Moore, 22%.
- Ward 1 incumbent Darren Hill
- Ward 2 Hilary Gough edged past incumbent Pat Lorje by 139 votes
- Ward 3 incumbent Ann Iwanchuk
- Ward 4 incumbent Troy Davies
- Ward 5 incumbent Randy Donauer
- Ward 6 Cynthia Block
- Ward 7 incumbent Mairin Loewen
- Ward 8 Sarina Gersher
- Ward 9 Bev Dubois
- Ward 10 incumbent Zach Jeffries