Tonight, the Mosaic Company and Canadian Western Agribition (CWA) are teaming up once again to offer a free night of rodeo. The Agribition Pro Rodeo kicks-off in the Brandt Centre at 7 p.m. with doors opening at 6 p.m. for rush seating. Tonight’s rodeo is Indigenous themed and will begin with a special shield dance performance.
The Agribition Pro Rodeo is the first pro rodeo of its kind in Saskatchewan, presenting four nights of action-packed entertainment. Sixteen top athletes in the seven major events compete for $100,000 in prize money. Limited tickets are still available.
For the sixth year, show-goers and students will learn about Indigenous culture and watch local dancers and drummers in the Indigenous Pavilion. Day 2 of the Indigenous Agriculture Summit will begin at 9:45 a.m. in the Ramada Plaza. Chief Clarence Louie will speak on environmental stewardship from a First Nations perspective.
Beef shows and sales start today, along with other exciting events:
- The Saskatchewan Hall of Fame will announce the 2016 inductees – 9 a.m. in the newsroom
- Day 2 of the Grain Expo Conference and Trade Show – 10 a.m. in the Queensbury Convention Centre
- Trainer’s Challenge – 12 p.m. in the Brandt Centre
- Canadian Heavyweight Horse Pulls Finals – 1:30 p.m. in the Brandt Centre
- International Reception – 7:30 p.m. at Casino Regina
- Wildfire performs – 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. on the Country Thunder stage in the Ag-Ex Pavilion