Aside from parking metres not being in effect, here are some other things you need to know about Family Day Monday in Regina.
What’s running in Regina this Family Day Monday:
- Landfill: Open 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Entry gates close at 5:15 p.m.
- Garbage Collection: All garbage will be picked up as usual.
- Recycling: All recycling will be picked up as usual.
- Regina Transit: Service provided using the Sunday schedules. (Information Centre and RideLine closed.)
- Paratransit Service: Operating holiday schedule from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Riverside Memorial Park and Regina Cemeteries: Gates open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Office closed.)
- Regina Sportplex (Fieldhouse and Lawson Aquatic Centre): Open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- North West Leisure Centre: Leisure Swim and Strength and Conditioning Area open 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sandra Schmirler Leisure Centre: Leisure Swim and Strength and Conditioning Area open 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Outdoor Rinks: Weather dependent. No supervision provided.
- Indoor Arenas:
- Doug Wickenheiser Arena open 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. – free public skate with hot chocolate and cookies.
- Jack Hamilton Arena open 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Click here for additional public skate times at the Co-operators Centre)
- Shopping Malls:
- Cornwall Centre open 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Northgate Mall open 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Southland Mall open 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Victoria Square Mall open 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
What’s closed in Regina this Family Day Monday:
- Civic Offices: Closed
- Neil Balkwill Civic Arts Centre/Art Gallery of Regina: Closed.