This is your last week to vote in the 2017 CAA Saskatchewan Worst Roads campaign.
According to organizers, this year’s vote has attracted a record breaking 5,155 votes.
That exceeds the grand total of votes received in the 2016 campaign (4,298) and the 2015 campaign (4,556).
Voting remains strong for Saskatchewan 155 La Loche and Saskatchewan 354 Dilke, which take turns occupying first and second place positions.
The current CAA Worst Roads Top Ten listing is as follows:
- 1) Saskatchewan 155 La Loche (Ranked #9 in 2016 CAA Worst Roads Campaign)
- 2) Saskatchewan 354 Dilke (Ranked #1 in 2016 and 2015 CAA Worst Roads Campaigns)
- 3) Highway 21 Paradise Hill
- 4) Saskatchewan 26 Loon Lake
- 5) Saskatchewan 47 Springside (Ranked #6 in 2016 CAA Worst Roads Campaign)
- 6) Saskatchewan 255 Nipawin
- 7) Saskatchewan 35 Love
- 8) 2nd Avenue South Hepburn (New to the Top Ten Worst Roads)
- 9) Saskatchewan 322 Silton (Ranked #3 in 2016 CAA Worst Roads Campaign)
- 10) 2nd Street North Waldheim
Voting closes at 11:59:59 p.m. on Friday, April 28, 2017.
Worst roads’ have cracks, crumbling pavement, potholes or craters, poor or no signage, traffic congestion, and lack of cycling or walking infrastructure.
Drivers, motorcyclists, pedestrians and cyclists are eligible to vote, with one vote per road per day per road user allowed.
Potholes remain as the number one problem identified by voters.