Regina fire crews were called to 100 block of McCarthy Boulevard in the city’s northwest Tuesday afternoon after another Saskpower meter box caught fire.
It’s the 9th box to catch fire in recent months as the dry weather is causing the ground to shift causing electrical cables to pull down.
SaskPower says the home was on the list to be inspected for the problem.
Those inside the house at the time escaped without injury with damage to the home being minimal.
Reginans are being asked to look at their meter box and see if the unit has been tilted. If it has, you are asked to call SaskPower immediately so they can check everything out.