Some thoughts from this past Fridays performance of the Miranda Lambert: Highway Vagabond Tour in Regina.
- I have become even a bigger fan of Brandy Clark who is not the commercial radio friendly artist that everybody at this show was expecting to hear, but those who who knew her music were treated to some great songs with lots of “substance” to the material. Brandy was the high point for me.
- Miranda seemed a little subdued at this show and seemed comprehensive to let it all out, but that is understandable considering her mindset after the Vegas shootings.
- She played all the songs we expected to hear.
- the crowd was a little light but with the long weekend many people went away
- Despite the lighter turnout of fans the lineups were longer because of the security checks
- Nice to see the Regina Humane society collecting money along the lineups. I hope they made a bunch.
- when did “swag” start to get so expensive?
- Vherle (Brandt employee) was a pleasant surprise to run into.
- If your going to pay good money to see a concert then shut the hell up and listen! If your going to just talk and party with your friends then take it down to the alcohol vendor section with everybody else who is in the same mode! (sigh…I’m definitely getting older)
Here’s a little bit of what Donnie and I saw this past Friday.