$200,000 partnership investment with Government of Saskatchewan renewed for Canadian Western Agribition
REGINA, SASKATCHEWAN – Canadian Western Agribition started yesterday with higher than expected attendance. Honorable Minister Lyle Stewart, Minister of Agriculture for the Government of Saskatchewan announced the Province will renew its partnership with CWA with a $200,000 four-year funding agreement.
“Since 1971, Canadian Western Agribition has worked at promoting and advocating for Saskatchewan’s agriculture industry and our partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture is an important part of that work,” said Chris Lane, CWA CEO “We couldn’t ask for better support or better partners than what the Government of Saskatchewan has offered to CWA. We’re proud to share those goals with the Government and we’re looking forward to four more years of building the industry together.”
Today CWA is proud to announce its 2017 scholarship recipients in three categories, as part of the organization’s objective to promote the expansion, development and interest in agriculture.
- Canadian Western Agribition Scholarship, $2,500, for students with a history of involvement in CWA as exhibitors, volunteers or competitors pursuing post-secondary education:
- Evan Sebastian – Montmartre, SK
- Sadie Anwender – Redville, SK
- Grayson Berting – Middle Lake, SK
- Barry Andrew Family Scholarship, $1,500, to provide financial support and incentive to a student registered in an Agriculture program in order pursue post-secondary and graduate education. The funding for the scholarship program was bequeathed by the late Barry Andrew.
- Shelby Evans – Kenaston, SK
- William M. Farley Memorial Scholarship, $1,500 , to provide financial support and incentive to a student in order to pursue post-secondary and graduate education. The funding for the scholarship program was donated by Lillie R Farley.
- Macy Leibreich – Radville, SK
Tuesday, November 21 show highlights:
- Chore Team Competition, 9 a.m., Brandt Centre
- First Lady Classic and Futurity, 11 a.m., Chevrolet GMC Arena
- President’s Classic, 11 a.m., Chevrolet GMC Arena
- Tommie Turvey, noon, Brandt Centre
- Lightweight & Middleweight Canadian Horse Pull Finals 1 p.m., Brandt Centre
- Water Barrel and Feed Team Races, 4 p.m. Brandt Centre
- Full Contact Jousting, 7 p.m., Brandt Centre
- Justin Labrash performs on the Country Thunder Stage in the Bud Light Loading Chute, 5 and 9 p.m., Ag-Ex Pavilion