Agribition Pro Rodeo kicks off with a free program and Indigenous theme tonight
REGINA, SASKATCHEWAN – Agribition Pro Rodeo begins tonight with a free program, courtesy of The Mosaic Company at 7 p.m. at the Brandt Centre at Evraz Place in Regina, SK. Doors will open at 6 p.m. for rush seating and guests will experience an Indigenous theme. Sixteen professional rodeo athletes will compete November 22 – 25, 2017 in saddle bronc, bareback, bull riding, tie-down roping, steer wrestling, ladies barrel racing, and team roping for the $100,000 prize money.
“The free rodeo night is a great opportunity, especially for first-timers, to experience a unique entertainment experience and professional rodeo competition at no charge,” said Chris Lane, CEO, CWA. “Making sure Agribition is affordable for families is important to us. In addition to partnering with The Mosaic Company to provide a free night of rodeo, we’re happy to say there are no increases in ticket prices for 2017.”
The national purebred beef cattle shows begin today with the Speckle Park, Simmental, and Maine Anjou breeds in the Chevrolet GMC Arena. The purebred beef shows, auctions and annual private sales make Agribition a multi-million dollar international marketplace with some of the best cattle genetics globally, year over year.
Wednesday, November 22 show highlights:
- Agribition Pro Rodeo, presented by Ford, free courtesy of The Mosaic Company, 7 p.m., Brandt Centre
- National cattle shows:
- Canadian National Speckle Park Show, 8:30 a.m., Chevrolet GMC Arena
- National Simmental Show, 9 a.m., Chevrolet GMC Arena
- National Maine Anjou Show, 4 p.m., Chevrolet GMC Arena
- Chore Team Competition, 9 a.m., Brandt Centre
- Agribusiness Innovation Forum in partnership with RBC, 7 – 9 a.m., Queensbury Convention Centre,
- Canadian Western Agribition Grain Expo, presented by Young’s Equipment, 9 a.m., Queensbury Convention Centre
- Canadian Western Agribition Indigenous Agriculture Summit, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. Queensbury Convention Centre
- Heavyweight Canadian Horse Pulls Finals, 1 p.m., Brandt Centre
- Water Barrel and Feed Team Races, 3:30 p.m., Brandt Centre
- The Openers performs on the Country Thunder Stage in the Bud Light Loading Chute, 5 and 9 p.m., Ag-Ex Pavilion
Tomorrow CWA will announce the recipient of the Celebrating Women in Agriculture award. This award recognizes the outstanding achievement of women in the agriculture industry across Canada.