These are all real calls into 911 from this past year. As funny as some of these are, we want to remind everyone that 911 is for emergencies (and no, having to pay for Xbox live and being mad about it isn’t an emergency). Have a great 2018.
— RCMP Saskatchewan (@RCMPSK) December 29, 2017
Saskatchewan RCMP took to Twitter late in 2017 to give its top ten list of 9-1-1 calls that weren’t really an emergency.
The following is what made the list:
10. Someone called in to see if they were supposed to be in jail.
9. A number of people called in upset that the highways weren’t closed because of poor weather and icy roads.
8. Someone called in because they couldn’t find their keys and were late for work.
7. Someone called 911 because their friend called them a name.
6. Someone called to argue and dispute a parking ticket.
5. An upset person called because their friend had stolen their cigarettes and alcohol.
4. A parent called in when their children wouldn’t listen to them when they said “no.”
3. Someone was looking for the phone number of a pedicurist.
2. Someone called in because a fox had come into their backyard and couldn’t find its way out.
1. Someone new to Xbox called 911 because they were upset they had to sign up for and pay for Xbox live. The same caller also wanted RCMP member to come and set up the Xbox for them.
RCMP do say while some of the calls they do get are funny, that you must remember 9-1-1 is for emergencies only.