Saskatoon-based Nutrien, the world’s largest provider of crop inputs and services is getting bigger.
Nutrien has reached an agreement to acquire Agrichem, a leading specialty plant nutrition and plant health product company in Brazil.
Agrichem is one of Brazil’s largest nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium fertilizer companies, as well as a producer and marketer of plant health products, including bio-stimulants and health inductors.
The company has 35 product registrations and a strong platform for future growth.
The main production facility is close to key agricultural markets in Brazil, with annual production capacity of 12 million litres.
Nutrien president Chuck Magro says Brazil will be a strategic focus for further expansion due to its large and growing agriculture retail and crop input market.
Agrichem net sales surpass 55 million dollars on an annual basis.
Nutrien is buying 80 percent of Agrichem in the coming months and the remaining 20 percent next year.
Nutrien expects to capture efficiencies through distribution of Nutrien’s existing crop products and services in Brazil.