- New Northwest School (Rosewood Park) — English single track
- New Southeast School (Greens on Gardiner) — French Immersion dual track
- New Southwest School (Harbour Landing) — French Immersion dual track
As a result of the new schools, there will be some programming changes at existing schools, as well as changing school boundaries at a number of single track and dual track schools. Details of the boundaries and program implications are included in the background to this release. The key changes, effective 2017-18 school year, will be:
- Current and future students attending MacNeill and Centennial schools’ English programs and who live in the newly formed Rosewood Park school attendance area will be attending the new school.
- Centennial School will become a new French Centre for the north of Regina. All students in the French Immersion program will remain at Centennial School. The Centennial School English program will be transferred to the new Rosewood Park school.
- Current and future students attending W.F. Ready School and French Immersion students of W. S. Hawrylak School, who live in the newly formed Greens of Gardiner school attendance area, will be attending the new school effective 2017.
- Current and future students attending A.E. Perry and Ethel Milliken schools, as well as a portion of students attending Massey School, who live in the newly formed Harbour Landing school attendance area will be attending the new school effective 2017
Regina Public Schools has decided it will include the public in naming its three new schools.
The school division is asking residents to submit their proposed name, why it’s important and any historical or biographical significance, along with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also drop off your ideas at any Regina Public Schools office or mail them to Regina Public Schools.
Suggestions must be submitted by March, 24, 2016.