The Saskatchewan Transportation Company says it’s going to roll out smaller coaches in the near future.
While releasing its its 2015-16 Annual Report Thursday, the transportation company says it will be introducing new, smaller coaches as a way to provide ongoing savings.
These new vehicles, according to the ministry, will maintain customer comfort and continue to provide capacity for freight services.
STC’s fiscal year end changed in 2015 and this annual report is for the 15 month period ending March 31, 2016.
Highlights of STC’s 2015-16 Annual Report include:
- Operating grant of $13.25 million (2014: $10.3 million).
- Capital grant of $0.45 million (2014: $3.3 million).
- $18.5 million in revenues (2014: $16.6 million).
- $35.2 million in operating expenses (2014: $30.2 million).
- Carried 244,785 passengers (2014: 261,531).
- Travelled just over 3.5 million miles (5.6 million kilometres), serving 253 Saskatchewan communities.
- Passenger satisfaction rating of 93 per cent (2014: 94 per cent).
- Parcel express customer satisfaction rating of 95 per cent (2014: 92 per cent).