A man and a woman are facing multiple weapons charges following an incident on Sunday morning.
Police were dispatched to a house in the 4800 block of Singer Crescent at about 5:00 a.m. on Sunday for a report of a man walking with a firearm.
It appeared the man had been at the house on Singer Crescent earlier and then later returned with a long-barreled firearm. The suspect left the scene in a truck, but officers were able to stop the vehicle a short time later in the area of Pasqua Street North.
The firearm described by witnesses was located in the vehicle, along with a number of loaded magazines and ammunition.
After investigating further, officers learned of other firearms as the suspect’s residence in the 900 block of Forget Street. Police then seized other firearms and ammunition as well as a small quantity of marijuana.
A woman was also at the residence and was charged in connection with the unsafe storage of firearms and ammunition in the residence.
32-year-old Stephen G. Jaworski, from Regina is facing ten charges:
– Use of a Firearm in Commission of an Indictable Offence (assault), s. 85(1)(a)( CC;
– 5 x Careless Use of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition, s. 86(1) CC;
– Possession of a Weapon, s. 88;
– Assault with a Weapon, s. 267(a) CC;
– Drive While Impaired, s. 253(1)(a) CC;
– Fail or Refuse to Provide Breath Sample, s. 254(5) CC;
31-year-old Candace Elaine Jaworski, from Regina, is facing four charges:
– 2 x Careless Use of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition, s. 86(1) CC;
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, s. 91(1) CC; and
– Possession of Marihuana, s. 4(5) CDSA.
Both accused made their first court appearances in Provincial Court on Monday.