A supervisor with SaskPower has been found guilty and fined 28-thousand dollars after a workplace death.
Kelvin Rowlett was found guilty of two counts under The Saskatchewan Employment Act.
Sentencing took place on March 8 in Melfort Provincial Court. Charges stem from a December 2014 incident near Wakaw when a worker was electrocuted while repairing a high-voltage transmission line.
According to Occupational Health and Safety regulations in Saskatchewan, supervisors are required to understand and follow health and safety requirements under legislation.