The Regina Police Service handed out 231 tickets over the past two days during their STEP Enforcement Program.
Teamed up with commercial vehicle inspection and child safety seat experts, teams were placed around Regina pulling vehicles over looking for as many violations as possible.
Thirty-five tickets were handed out for cell phone use, five arrests on warrants were made and 15 vehicles were impounded by police to name a few of the violations.
In the meantime 22 commercial vehicles of the 42 inspected were taken out of service for various violations, and 135 child safety seat inspections were conducted.
Traffic Tickets (Totals for Sept 19 and 20)
- Summary Offence Tickets: 231
- No Operators (Suspended Drivers/Invalid License): 19
- Cell Phone Violations: 35
- Drug Recognition Evaluations/Standard Field Sobriety Tests: 1
- Dangerous Drive/Evade Police: 1
- Vehicle Equipment Regulations: 9
- Arrests on Warrants: 5
- Impounded Vehicles: 15
- Written Warnings: 48
Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (Totals for Sept 19 and 20)
- Vehicle Inspections: 42
- Vehicles Taken Out of Service: 22
Child Seat Technicians (Totals for Sept 19 and 20)
- Child Safety Seat Inspections: 135
- Car Seats Given Away: 11