In a surprise move, the CFL has released its schedule for 2018 much earlier than the usual February date.
The Riders will kick off the regular-season with a home game Friday, June 15 against the defending Grey Cup champion Toronto Argonauts.
One of the home games is a Thursday night game (July 5) against Hamilton with another going Thanksgiving Monday (Oct 8) vs Edmonton.
ROUGHRIDER SCHEDULE NOTABLES:
• The Riders open the regular season at home for the seventh time in the last 10 seasons.
• The Roughriders have a split of five home games and four away games in the first half versus four home, five away in the back nine.
• They will play each of the other eight teams at home and away once with Calgary making an additional trip to Saskatchewan, and the Riders will make a second trip to Winnipeg to fill the 18-game regular season.
• This is the fifth time the Riders have been scheduled to open a regular season at home versus Toronto. The Riders carry a 1-3 record in those contests, winning in 1998 while suffering losses in 1984, 2000 and 2016.
• They will open the season with five games against East Division opponents, followed by the next six games against their West Division rivals.
• The team will have its first of three byes during week five with the latter two falling on week nine and 21 respectively.
• The 54th annual Labour Day Classic will be played Sunday, September 2nd at 1:00. The Riders have won 12 of the last 13 matchups and hold a 35-18 advantage through the first 53 meetings.
• The traditional Labour Day Rematch in Winnipeg will be Saturday, September 8th with a 3:00 start time in Manitoba.
• The Riders have back-to-back games at home in week three and four while playing back-to-back on the road twice – week 15 and 16 then again week 18 and 19.