The nine rinks which will compete at the provincial women’s curling championship next month have now been established.
A last chance spiel was held over the weekend with the 8th and 9th rinks to get berths being decided.
Headed to Melfort for the event which begins January 2 are
- Sherry Anderson (Saskatoon)
- Penny Barker (Moose Jaw) **defending provincial champ
- Candace Chisholm (Weyburn)
- Chantelle Eberle (Regina)
- Amber Holland (Regina)
- Ashley Howard (Regina)
- Stefanie Lawton (Saskatoon)
- Nancy Martin (Saskatoon)
- Robyn Silvernagle (Saskatoon)
The Nancy Martin rink will have someone else throwing skip stones. Martin will be unable to play as she will be competing at the same time at the Olympic mixed doubles curling trials in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba at the same time.
The winner of the provincial Scotties will advance to the Scotties Tournament of Hearts in Penticton, BC