Those driving around the Queen City Sunday should know of some road restrictions due to maintenance and the RPS Half Marathon which will be taking place.
Starting at 6 AM, crews will be doing repair work on Broad Street between Saskatchewan Drive and Dewdney Avenue meaning traffic will restricted in both the north and southbound lanes until noon as crews do work on the underpass.
This will also affect some transit routes so you should check with Regina Transit for bus stop and route changes.
Meanwhile, the half marathon will be held meaning some disruptions between 7 AM and noon.
Those disruptions or closures will be at:
- Broad Street – down to one lane northbound, between Lakeshore Drive and Wascana Drive;
- Wascana Drive from Broad Street to McDonald Street – closed to traffic;
- Powerhouse Drive – West entrance is completely closed; East entrance will be traffic controlled;
- The off-ramp from northbound traffic on the #1 Bypass to Assiniboine Ave. E. will be temporarily closed;
- Assiniboine Ave. E. – down to one lane in either direction from the overpass (over #1 Bypass) to bike path, east of the creek;
- Prince of Wales Drive – closed to traffic, from Assiniboine Ave. E. to Wascana Gate (residential access still available from Wascana Circle).