The votes have been counted and the winner of the CAA “Worst Roads Campaign” for this year is High Street West in Moose Jaw.
In fact, three of the top 10 worst roads are from Moose Jaw with 1st Avenue Southeast and 9th Avenue Southwest also getting the dubious distinction of being one of the province’s worst.
CAA Saskatchewan’s Christine Niemczyk says once again this year Saskatchewan people let their voice be heard on this issue with people in Moose Jaw definitely jumping on board to cast a vote.
“It apparently seems to be an ongoing problem with High Street West.” Niemczyk said. “This doesn’t come as a surprise to people in Moose Jaw, but it is one that raises some safety concerns for road users and one that they hope get fixed.”
The information will be taken to the City of Moose Jaw and other decision-makers including the Ministry of Highways and SUMA just to let them know what road users have identified as the province’s worst roads.
TOP 10 ROADS:
1. High Street West, Moose Jaw
2. Saskatchewan 47, Springside
3. Saskatchewan 350, Torquay
4. Academy Park Road, Regina
5. Saskota Flyway/Saskatchewan 9, Hudson Bay
6. Sidney Street, Maple Creek
7. 1 Avenue Southeast, Moose Jaw
8. Saskatchewan 18, Torquay
9. Saskatchewan 21, Paradise Hill
10. 9 Avenue Southwest, Moose Jaw