The Saskatchewan Roughriders were back to work with a closed practice on Wednesday as they prepare for Saturday’s Week 11 showdown with the BC Lions in Vancouver (8:00 pm Sask Time, TSN, CKRM Network).
Here are some notes from the workout:
– Head Coach & GM Chris Jones announced veteran receiver Caleb Holley has been placed on the 6-Game Injured List after suffering a lower body injury in Sunday’s 40-27 home win over the Calgary Stampeders.
– To fill the void, the team has signed CFL veteran receiver Kenny Shaw (Toronto, Ottawa, Florida State).
– Shaw tore all three knee ligaments in a game on August 28/2017 and has been rehabbing since. Jones said Shaw has declared himself healthy, but will take some work to get into game shape.
– Jones said RB Marcus Thigpen is a question mark for the BC game, after being unable to finish last week’s win over Calgary. If Thigpen can’t go, he’ll be replaced on the roster by veteran Cameron Marshall.
– Jones isn’t sure which way they’ll go with replacing Holley in the near future. They’ve got options with Devon Bailey (who replaced Holley against the Stampeders), Rob Bagg or Shaw.
– The Riders will have an open practice on Thursday at Mosaic Stadium at 11:30 AM.