UPDATE – Three restaurants in east Regina were evacuated Tuesday afternoon due to a natural gas leak.
SaskEnergy said a contractor that was doing work in the area, broke a natural gas line at Eastgate Drive and Victoria avenue, causing the leak and evacuation.
In a news release Tuesday night, the Crown said gas to the damaged section of line had been shutoff and crews were now able to begin assessing the damage and making repairs.
Gas service to a few nearby businesses and condo buildings came from this line, but SaskEnergy says they were able to run a temporary line.
Repairs were completed by 2:00 a.m. Wednesday morning.