The Battlefords RCMP are investigating after a man showed up at the hospital with a gun shot wound.
Police say on Saturday morning a man showed up at the Battlefords Union Hospital with a gun shot wound in his lower leg. RCMP say the man gave a false name to officers and hospital staff, as well as a fabricated story on how he was hurt.
Officers say the investigation led police to a house on the 1100 block of 107th Street where they made a significant seizure of firearms including:
- A loaded shotgun in the process of being illegally cut down in length
- Four rifles of various makes/models
- Several disassembled parts of firearms
- A rifle with a 30 round loaded magazine
- A flash suppressor for a firearm
- More than 500 rounds of assorted ammunition
RCMP say the investigation is ongoing and no arrests have been made.