A 12-year-old boy has a story for his future grandchildren.
He got locked inside a three-by-four foot gun safe at Peavey Mart in Saskatoon.
Fire officials got the call just before 1:30pm Monday afternoon when attempts to open the safe with the code didn’t work. Acting Assistant Fire Chief Yvonne Raymer says an engine company and rescue crew arrived to find the boy calm when they talked to him and they started to grind the door off its hinges.
Before getting the door off, the crew tried the code one more time and it worked. Raymer says it took about twenty minutes to get the boy out but still don’t know how or why he got locked inside such a small safe.
He didn’t need any medical treatment.