A 12 and 13-year-old have both died from suspected CO poisoning near Prince Albert

RCMP say two children have died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a residence in a recreational community near Prince Albert.

Just after 1:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon, police were called to the scene where local Fire and EMS had already pronounced a 12-year-old boy and 13-year-old girl dead.

RCMP say no one else at the residence required medical treatment after being assessed on the scene by EMS.

Police will be releasing no other details on this tragic event, as the families are requesting privacy.

“This is an incredibly tragic incident. We are releasing limited details to give the families privacy during what must be an unimaginably difficult time. As such, we will not be providing any further information and will not be conducting media interviews,” RCMP said in a news released issued Wednesday.

Also on Tuesday, around four dozen people were sent to hospital in Winnipeg with carbon monoxide poisoning after a leak at a hotel, 15 were initially listed to be in critical condition.

More from 620 CKRM