Meadow Lake woman suing McDonalds after hot tea spilled onto her

McDonalds is being sued for $125,000 by a Saskatchewan woman claiming she was burnt by scalding tea that was handed to her with a loose-fitting lid.
 Virginia Rowland filed a statement of claim earlier this month with Saskatoon Court of Queen’s Bench.  She says she ordered a tea at a drive-thru window in Meadow Lake in 2017.  When she reached for the tea, it spilled onto her chest, stomach and inner thighs resulting in a trip to the emergency room where she was treated for first-degree burns.
Her lawyer says Rowland has been left with permanent scarring and damaged skin that restricts her mobility in cold weather.
The lawsuit says the employee who served Rowland the team was negligent in failing to secure the lid on the cup before handing it to her.
McDonalds is not commenting on the lawsuit at this time.

More from 620 CKRM