Ottawa’s Wage Subsidy program open on Monday


Canadian companies that have been struggling to keep paying their workers during the COVID-19 pandemic can begin to apply for Ottawa’s wage subsidy program on Monday.

The $73-billion aid package will provide qualifying companies with a 75 per cent subsidy going toward each worker’s wages, with the government asking to top up the remaining 25 per cent.

It will cover as much as $847 per week and be retroactive from March 15th to June 6th.

The prime minister is expected to discuss that program more later on Monday.

More than 10,000 businesses applied in the first five hours of eligibility.



More from 620 CKRM