One person in hospital after early morning fire in Moose Jaw

Early Sunday morning, Moose Jaw Police, Fire and EMS attended a fire on the 400 block of Athabasca Street East.

Upon arrival, police were able to remove the occupant of the suite where the fire started on the stove. The remainder of the suites were evacuated.

The fire spread through the main floor of the building. EMS treated one person at the scene for smoke inhalation and transported them to hospital.

Moose Jaw Fire was able to extinguish the fire and damage is estimated at $200,000.

The fire was not deemed suspicious in nature.

More from 620 CKRM