Moe and other SaskParty members self-monitoring after being at business where possible COVID-19 exposure occurred

The Saskatchewan Party says Scott Moe is self-monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19 as are other party members after they were at a Prince Albert location earlier this week where there was possible exposure.

Moe and others, including cabinet ministers Joe Hargrave and Jeremy Harrison, were at the Econo Lumber store on October 3 for a campaign announcement. It was revealed Sunday by the Saskatchewan Health Authority that the store was one of several places across the province where there was possible exposure.

A statement from the Saskatchewan Party was released on Sunday afternoon.  That statement says the business owner has confirmed  no attendees or participants in the announcement had contact with the individual that was the source of the potential exposure alert, nor were they in the same area of the individual. During the announcement, a number of precautionary measures were in place including physical distancing, mask usage, and hand sanitization.

The statement goes on to say in accordance with public health advice, individuals who were at the announcement including Premier Moe, will self-monitor for 14 days. Premier Moe, his tour team, and the Saskatchewan Party candidates who attended the event have experienced no symptoms to date. If any of these individuals do experience symptoms, they will immediately self-isolate and seek testing.

Moe did not do any campaigning on Sunday.  It is not known if he has anything scheduled for Monday at this time.  Moe and NDP leader Ryan Meili are scheduled to be in Regina for a leaders debate on Wednesday night.

More from 620 CKRM