Regina Police have arrested a 26-year-old man in connection to a stolen vehicle investigation that involved drug possession.
Police were called to the 3800 block of Normandy Avenue, where it is alleged a man and a woman stole the keys to a vehicle and driving it away from the scene.
Officers located the vehicle on Albert Street, and after an attempted use of a spike belt to stop the vehicle, the driver was observed leaving the vehicle. A Police Service dog was able to stop the suspect on the 1200 block of Rae Street.
The suspect was treated for injuries sustained in the arrest, where police were able to seize substances believed to be meth and fentanyl.
James Dick of Regina faces a total of seven charges:
· 2 X Fail to Comply with Probation Order.
· Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000.
· Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000.
· Theft of Motor Vehicle.
· Possession of a scheduled substance (methamphetamine).
· Possession of a scheduled substance (fentanyl).