SaskPower says about 37,000 were still with out electricity Thursday night, crews continue working around the clock

SaskPower crews have been working around the clock to restore power to tens of thousands of customers who were knocked out during Wednesday and Thursday’s intense winter storm.

In their latest update issued Thursday night, SaskPower says there was still about 37,000 customers without power, but in a Tweet Friday morning they say with improved weather conditions they hope to make great progress over the next several hours.

However that was down from the close to 80,000 earlier in the day.

Between 10:00 a.m. Wednesday and 4:00 p.m. Thursday the outage centre fielded around 63,000 calls for service.

Crews are currently patrolling lines all over the province to determine where the issues are, and which ones can be repaired immediately.

On the Crown’s website outages were still being reported in the Eston area, as well as south of Weyburn as of 5:00 a.m. Friday morning.

More from 620 CKRM