11 new COVID-19 deaths have been reported on Thursday in Saskatchewan, bringing the province’s death toll to 285.
Here’s a breakdown of where the deaths were recorded in the province with age groups in brackets.
- Regina: four deaths (all in 80-plus category)
- Saskatoon: three deaths (60-69 category, two in the 80-plus category)
- Far North East: two deaths (40-49 category, 70-79 category)
- North Central: one death (60-69 category)
- North West: one death (70-79 category)
Active cases in the province saw a small downtick to 2,478 cases after Thursday’s 244 new cases and 282 new recoveries.
The new cases are located in the Far North West (25), Far North Central (7), Far North East (14), North West (20), North Central (13), North East (6), Saskatoon (70), Central West (5), Central East (10), Regina (54), South Central (4) and South East (16) zones.
208 people are in hospital with 171 people receiving inpatient care and 37 people in intensive care. The seven-day average of daily new cases is 244.
There were 118 administered doses of COVID-19 vaccines reported Wednesday in Saskatchewan, bringing the total number of vaccines administered in the province to 34,672 or 106 per cent of the doses received.