Regina Police have arrested a man in connection to a stolen vehicle and a dangerous driving incident that took place Wednesday night that began in the city’s downtown area.
Police were called to a minor dispute between three women on the 1700 block of Victoria Avenue at about 11:00 PM. As officers arrived, two of the individuals left in a truck, later determined to be stolen, being driven by a man alleged to be a suspect.
The vehicle left the scene at a high rate of speed, but police were able to electronically track it to the 1500 block of Princess Street just off of Dewdney Avenue. Police then deployed a spike belt, which brought the vehicle to a stop.
26-year-old Breland Louison faces five charges:
- Breach of conditions of release order
- Flight from a peace officer
- Operate conveyance in a dangerous manner
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 (licence plate)
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 (vehicle)
No charges were laid in connection to the original altercation.