The government is urging Regina residents to take additional precautions as there is increasing community transmission of COVID-19 variants of concern.
There are currently 70 cases in Saskatchewan with 62 of those in Regina. There are also 77 presumptive variants of concern in Regina that have yet been confirmed with genome sequencing.
Regina and area residents are being told to:
• Particularly those that are over the age of 50 should consider not increasing their household bubbles to include 2-3 households up to 10 people. They should consider remaining with their current household only.
• Limit travel and shopping to essential only.
• Stay home with even mildest symptoms. Stay home if you have been in contact with anyone with mild symptoms.
• Get tested if you have symptoms or have been exposed to someone with symptoms.
• Continue practicing physical distancing, frequent handwashing and wear a mask when in public places.
Public health is closely monitoring the situation regarding transmission of VoCs for the next two to three days and will taking additional public health measures if the numbers of confirmed positive cases of Variants of Concern do not start to decline.