It is news that shouldn’t come as a surprise.
The Canadian Hockey League announced Tuesday morning the Memorial Cup tournament will not be played for a second straight year because of the pandemic.
“The CHL is committed to the health and safety of our players, their families and billets, our teams, staff and officials, and the communities in which we play. That has driven all of our difficult decisions for the last year as we have dealt with this global pandemic,” said CHL president Dan MacKenzie in a release. “The decision was made based on the limitations on travel, border restrictions, and quarantining requirements that would make it impossible to produce league champions.”
The CHL says talks on a 2022 location and event will be announced at a later date