Residents in the Dieppe subdivision in Regina’s west end are being warned about a man living in the area who Regina Police say is a high-risk to re-offend sexually.
Regina Police let the public know Wednesday night that 29-year-old Christopher Boerma has taken up residence in the area.
Boerma is someone that RPS says has a record of sexual offences and a history of reoffending with no progress being made in reducing his risk to re-offend.
Police say Boerma must abide to the following conditions:
- Must reside at an approved address;
- Stay inside his approved residence from 10:00 p.m. each night to 7:00 a.m. the next morning, unless he has prior written permission;
- Not possess or consume alcohol, cannabis or drugs that have not been prescribed for him;
- Participate in assessments and complete programming for sexual offending, mental health or cognitive challenges as told to do so;
- See a medical doctor, psychiatrist and/or psychologist as told to do so, and follow directions as to appointments, counselling, treatment and prescriptions;
- Have no contact with victims of his offences;
- No contact with anyone under the age of 16 unless he is in the company of an adult who has been approved for such purpose;
- Not to go to a public park where persons under the age of 16 years are present or can reasonably be expected to be present, except in the direct accompaniment and supervision of a person who has been approved for such a purpose, and not go to a public swimming area where persons under the age of 16 years are present or can reasonably be expected to be present, or a school ground, playground, daycare or community centre;
- Not access or possess any pornography;
- When in the community must be accompanied by an adult at all times as approved for such purpose;
- Adhere to the rules and regulations of the approved residence as established by the care provider;
- Not possess any firearms, ammunition, knives or bladed instruments except when using a knife to eat; and
- Not obtain or continue any employment, or be a volunteer in a capacity that involves being in a position of trust or authority towards persons under the age of 16.
Anyone wishing to report an incident where Boerma is considered in violation of these conditions are being told to call RPS at 306-777-6500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
Police add this information is being released in order to enable members of the public to take suitable preventative measures and not to embark on any form of vigilantism or other unreasonable conduct towards Boerma.