Regina Police have arrested and charged two people in relation to illegal drug trafficking within the Queen City
On January 29, the Regina Police Service Street Gang Unit issued a warrant in the 600 block of Garnet Street. As a result of the warrant, 56-year-old Lawrence Neskar of Regina and 37-year-old Sherlyne Pelletier of Regina was arrested.
Police seized 40 grams of methamphetamine, 68.23 grams of fentanyl, and multiple scales and cell phones to support drug trafficking. Police seized an SKS rifle, a loaded sawed-off .22 calibre rifle, and two tasers as well.
Neskar and Pelletier were jointly charged with:
• 2x Careless use of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
• 2x possession of a weapon
• 5x possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order
• 2x Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon
• 2x possession of a prohibited device
• 2x possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
• Possession of a loaded firearm
• 2x possession of a scheduled substance for the purpose of trafficking
Both are set to make their first court appearance on January 31.