A 55-year-old man from Regina has been arrested for a dozen different charges including impaired driving, possessing a firearm, and drug trafficking.
At roughly 9:30 Friday night, a member of the Regina Police Canine Unit found Dennis Brent Marcia passed out in the driver’s seat of a vehicle on the 900 block of Rae Street.
Police removed Marcia from the vehicle without any issue and arrested him for impaired driving.
Due to his arrested, the vehicle was searched. Police discovered a loaded sawed-off shotgun, ammunition, a quantity of Fentanyl, drug paraphernalia, a fake driver’s license, and identity documents that did not belong to Marcia.
Marcia is now charged with:
- Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle.
- Careless Storage of a Firearm.
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose.
- Possession of Firearm Knowing Possession is Unauthorized.
- Unauthorized possession of prohibited firearm in a vehicle.
- Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition.
- 4x Prohibited Possession Contrary to an Order.
- Breach of Probation.
- Identity Fraud.
- Possession of an Identity Document.
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime.
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking.
Marcia is scheduled to make his first court appearance on Monday, January 19 at 9:30 a.m.