Resident hospitalized after house fire

A house went up in flames and heavy smoke yesterday leading to the hospitalization of a resident.

Regina Fire Crews responded to the fire at around 6 o’clock last night on the 100 Block of Quebec Street.

They managed to save a person from the fire, who was subjected to burn injuries and then taken to the hospital.

The fire crews also safely saved an animal from the building.

The fire has been extinguished and is currently under investigation.

More from 620 CKRM