Just after midnight this morning, Patrol officers initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle in the 1800 block of St. John Street.
Two people were inside the vehicle and police observed what appeared to be drugs in plain view.
Both people were taken into custody.
Police then also located a loaded firearm and ammunition inside the vehicle.
As a result of the investigation:
19-year-old Antoine Agecoutay has been charged with:
- Careless Use of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device.
- Possession of A Weapon.
- Carrying Concealed Weapon.
- Possession of a Loaded or Restricted Firearm.
- Unauthorized Possession of A Firearm.
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance.
- Fail To Comply With Probation Order.
Agecoutay made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this morning.