A summer tradition for close to 140 years is back for another.
The Queen City Ex presented by SaskTel will run from August 2 to August 6 this year and will once again see a partnership with the Regina Food Bank with the return of an eating competition and world champion Joey Chestnut, the QCX ticket giveaway for Rider fans, a jam-packed concert lineup, new rides, and old favourites.
This year’s event will also see the Pile o’ Bones Rodeo, presented by 620 CKRM, return on August 4 and 5.
“We are thrilled to announce the return of the Queen City Ex for 2023,” said Tim Reid, President and CEO of Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL). “This year’s fair promises to be a truly unforgettable experience, with new and exciting attractions that will delight visitors of all ages. We are also thrilled to announce all the free and reduced-cost ways families can attend. Accessibility to the Fair is at the core of our community goals.”
Also returning is the Original 16 Stage in Confederation Park, with Flo Rida headlining this year’s stage.
Here is a look at this year’s concert schedule:
• Wednesday, August 2- Regina Symphony Orchestra and fireworks, presented by SaskMilk and Jack 94.5
• Thursday, August 3- Flo Rida, presented by Brunswick Steel and Play 92.1
• Friday, August 4- Boyz II Men, presented by Prairie Mobile and Z99
• Saturday, August 5- James Barker Band, presented by Sherwood Co-op and Pure Country
• Sunday, August 6- Finger 11 and Sebastian Bach from Skid Row, presented by SaskTel and 104.9 The Wolf
You can visit the Queen City Ex’s website for a full look at events.