Regina Thunder punch ticket to PFC Final

Photo: Wanda Harron

The Regina Thunder will once again play for Prairie Football Conference supremacy.

Regina defeated the Edmonton Huskies 20-17 in front of a packed Leibel Field in Regina on Sunday afternoon.

Ife Adebogun, plunged it into the end-zone to put Edmonton up 7-0 early in the first quarter.

The Huskies took a 10-0 lead going into the second quarter.

Regina made a change at quarterback in the second quarter, after starter Carter Moberg threw an untimely interception.

22-year-old Thunder defensive lineman, Max Parkinson, recorded a sack in the second quarter deep in Edmonton’s territory. 

The Huskies would conceive a two-point safety with 5:38 remaining in the first half to make it 10-2 in favour of the visitors.

Ethan Hugg, now in the game at QB for Regina, answered the bell by driving his team down the field. 

Thunder’s Justin Reiger capped off the drive with a major along the ground. Regina converted the two point conversion to tie the game as Hugg found Isaiah Woodley in the end-zone.

After Edmonton took a 17-10 lead in the third quarter, Thunder all-purpose back Sadik Sadik punched it in from 7-yards out.

The point after was good off the foot of Shawn Green to make it 17-17 with 10 seconds remaining in the third quarter.

Shawn Green would then kick a field goal with 4:51 remaining in regulation, to give the Thunder their first lead of the game, 20-17.

That score would hold true, as Edmonton turned it over on downs in the dying seconds.

The Regina Thunder will once again take on the juggernaut Saskatoon Hilltops in the PFC Final, as the Toppers walloped the Calgary Colts 53-2 in their PFC Semi Final on Sunday. 

Regina’s only two losses of the regular season came at the hands of Saskatoon. It was a 36-6 Thunder loss at Mosaic Stadium on September 9, and a 19-10 defeat at SMF Field on September 30.

Regina Thunder vs. Saskatoon Hilltops. Round 3.

PFC Final is set for Sunday, October 22 from SMF Field in Saskatoon.

More from 620 CKRM