REGINA — A nine-month investigation into a believed 74 break-and-enters has led to the arrest of a Regina resident.
The Saskatchewan RCMP has laid 76 charges on 57-year-old Michael Arsenault, including 62 counts of breaking and entering, 12 counts of attempting to break and enter with intent, one count of possession of property under $5,000 obtained by crime, and one count of possession of property over $5,000 obtained by crime.
The break-and-enters occurred in 43 communities in the southern portion of the province between September 2019 and February 2026. Jillian McLaren, Insp. with the Saskatchewan RCMP South District shared details on how the police managed to connect the dots.
“Our investigators and our analysts really analyzed hundreds of pieces of information and evidence to be able to connect the dots by launching this broader probe.”
When looking at information, McLaren said the RCMP looked into the time of offence, what was stolen, and the type of businesses targeted.
All the buildings broken into had been public ones, including businesses, town offices, post offices, community centres, etc. However, McLaren said the RCMP couldn’t speculate as to why. No homes are believed to have been targeted in the break-and-enters connected so far.
During the break-and-enters, the RCMP said approximately $50,000 cash had been stolen, along with debit/credit cards, gift cards, alcohol, antique coins and more.
McLaren said the RCMP has recovered some of the stolen items and is working on returning the goods for their rightful owners.
As for any additional suspects, the RCMP isn’t looking into any accomplices at this time.
Arsenault will make his first court appearance at Regina Provincial Court on Wednesday.
Anyone with more information on the case is asked to contact the RCMP at 310-RCMP or their online crime reporting tool.











